Friday, January 1, 2021

CPF Interest 2021

Its that time of the year again, where everywhere i browse i see bloggers sharing how much CPF interest they got...

So, i decide to share mine as well, but abit of demographic info.would probably give more context as undoubtedly readers will be comparing this to theirs individual situations, which is likely to be different from mine.

I'm aged 36 this year, attached but not married yet; no housing obligation as i took over my late Dad's 3 room flat with 62years lease (but likely plan to BTO this yeat). So please note the balance is only possible due to 1) early cash top up to SA, 2) transfer of OA to SA several years ago & 3) no mortgage debt.

Needless to say, 4% from SA balance of $215k contributed to the bulk of the $12k interest. This put my trading to shame as neither my cash capital (including my personal saving) nor my returns could beat CPF returns in the past 8 years.

Maybe ETFs n long term holding instead of trying to time the market, is the way to go for 2021.

Before ending this post, one should be reminded of their greatest assets, that is HEALTH!
When we are in our active years, our expenses are low. I cant remember if the $699.40 outgoing from Medisave was it purely for Medishield Life premium alone or does it include any medical expenses in 2020. In any cases, the fact you are reading this means your have survived Covid19. Being alive is the greatest gift because it means there's still chance to make changes if you want to.

All the best to 2021!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection n Goals in New Year 2023

 Hi everyone, I've made my first YouTube post in 2023, do check it out...